If you are interested in contributing to a forthcoming issue of ISC, please contact the relevent editor(s) shown below.
Spring 2014 – The Changing Nature of Library Education
Over the last couple of decades library school education has shifted from training about books, ctaloguing and Librarianship toward aspects of Library Management. Thus we now have a new breed of Library Managers who have very little knowledge about what should be fundamental library skills.
The next issue of ISC will focus upon these changes.
For this issue we would like to include: -
- Articles from both current library school students, & those who have become qualified librarians within the last few years.
- What is and in not now included in a library school education.
- How lack of teaching about cataloguing deskills both librarians and library staff, which then impacts upon the quality of all library information.
- What library school teaching used to be like.
- How this lack of library skills & knowledge can impact on library services:
Please also read our submission guidelines.