[LISdocstudents] Hello from New Zealand

Jackie Brodsky brods001 at crimson.ua.edu
Sat May 18 21:08:51 EDT 2013

Hello,

I am in my fourth year in the Ph.D. program in Communication and
Information Sciences at The University of Alabama.  Our program includes
those who specialize in mass media, communication studies (including
critical and rhetorical studies and organization and personal
communication), and information sciences.  Information sciences comprise
the smallest part of each cohort.  When I entered the program in 2009,
there were two of us in the cohort of 23, and there were six IS
concentrators ahead of us in the program.  Now, most of those have
graduated.  In the year behind us (2010), there were no IS concentrators,
and 2011 and 2012 each had two (in cohorts of an average size of 10).  I
defended my proposal in February, and I am hoping to be able to graduate in
May 2014.

--
Jackie Brodsky, MLIS
Ph.D. Candidate