[LISdocstudents] LISdocstudents Digest, Vol 2, Issue 5

Eve Bigras eve.paquette-bigras at umontreal.ca
Mon May 20 17:14:22 EDT 2013

Bonjour tout le monde,

I'm Ève and I'm a first year PhD student at the École de
bibliothéconomie et des sciences de l'information. A French-speaking
ALA-accredited LIS department at the Université de Montréal located,
well, in Montréal, Québec, Canada.

There are about 15 other PhD students or PhD candidates in my IS
program. Here's a list of every one of them and their research subject:
http://www.ebsi.umontreal.ca/recherche/nos-etudiants-au-doctorat/

Some want to get an academic position after their degree, some don't,
many have no idea if they want to or not, and one has one already. It
doesn't say much about the/your future. But, if you take a look at our
professors resumes, most of them have a PhD + a postdoc. Plus they have
published, published and published.

If you stop by Montreal, you're welcome to come visit us at the École.
Maybe you would want to apply for an academic position here.

Cordialement,

Ève Paquette-Bigras
Étudiante au doctorat en sciences de l'information
École de bibliothéconomie et des sciences de l'information
Université de Montréal
514-343-6111 poste 3045