[LISdocstudents] Study of men in MLS/MLIS programs - participants needed

Heidi Blackburn hblackbu at g.emporia.edu
Fri Oct 11 16:37:57 EDT 2013

 Apologies for cross-postings:

 *Study Title:* Factors Influencing Men Born After 1981 Currently Enrolled
in Library and Information Science Graduate Programs to Become Professional
Librarians

Hello! I am currently investigating social, cultural, economic, political,
and/or technological factors that influence men to become professional
librarians.  This is my dissertation research, in partial fulfillment of
the requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy, Library and Information
Management degree at Emporia State University, Emporia, KS.

If you are a *male born after 1981* and *currently enrolled* in a library
graduate program, please volunteer to participate in my electronic
survey. To do so, please follow this
link<https://kstate.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_e2rJHLGuIOWFv6d>.

This survey can be completed in 15 minutes.  At the end, you will have an
opportunity to volunteer to be interviewed. All results will be aggregated
before being reported and used for research purposes only.  All identifying
information will be kept completely confidential.

If you may have questions regarding the study, please contact me or a
member of my dissertation committee, Dr. Mirah Dow:

Heidi Blackburn hblackbu at g.emporia.edu

Dr. Mirah Dow mdow at emporia.edu

<mdow at emporia.edu>

I hope that you will participate.  Thank you in advance.

Heidi Blackburn
PhD candidate

School of Library and Information Management
Emporia State University