[LISdocstudents] My PhD research

William Shakalis wshakalis at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 10:59:08 EDT 2013

Hi,
I am a PhD student at the Simmons College, Graduate School of Library and
Information science, Boston.

Currently I am in mid-process of doing course work, and defining possible
areas of research and a dissertation thesis.

I work full-time as a tenure track, faculty-status librarian at Worcester
State University, as a Cataloging Librarian.

 I am interested in philosophy and LIS, and have been focusing in
particular on phenomenology as a research methodology. But I am aiming as a
higher level approach where I hope to outline what a phenomenological
research program for LIS would be, given the lack of understanding most
studnets or researchers have of what phenomenology is all about, and what a
rigorous application of it would intend in a qualitative methodological
approach.

Bill Shakalis

--
*William Shakalis, MSLS*
*PhD candidate, Simmons College,*

*"How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a
book! The book exists for us, perchance, that will explain our miracles and
reveal new ones. "    Henry David Thoreau, Walden.*