Job Descriptions for SRRT Officers
Approved at Philadelphia, 1995
Coordinator, SRRT Action Council
At-Large Member of Action Council
Liaisons to Other Groups
Member, Editorial Board
Task Force Coordinator
- Coordinator, SRRT Action Council
- 1. Establishes working relationship with ALA Staff Liaison, currently the Director of the Office for Literacy and Outreach Services (OLOS). Must be familiar with the parliamentary guide in use by ALA, currently that authored by Sturgis.
- 2. Arranges for two Action Council sessions at the ALA Midwinter Meeting, two Action Council sessions at the ALA Annual Conference, and a General SRRT Membership Meeting at the ALA Annual Conference. Prepares agendas for these meetings and presides over them.
- 3. Writes column on Round Table issues for each issue of the SRRT Newsletter.
- 4. Maintains working relationship with the ALA Executive Director, the chairs of the ALA International Relations Committee and the ALA Intellectual Freedom Committee, and others, as necessary.
- 5. Works as part of a team with the SRRT Secretary and the SRRT Treasurer to ensure the smooth operation of the Round Table.
- 6. Monitors progress of the various task forces and project groups within the Round Table and assists when necessary.
- SRRT Treasurer
- 1. Compiles budget requests at ALA Midwinter Meetings for presentation to Action Council.
- 2. Completes ALA reimbursement forms, submitting them to OLOS for processing.
- 3. Maintains records for each Task Force budget and the general Action Council budget and works with Task Forces to ensure that their records and SRRT records coincide.
- 4. Serves as SRRT's representative to ALA's Planning and Budget Assembly.
- 5. Works as part of a team with the Coordinator of SRRT Action Council and the SRRT Secretary to ensure the smooth operation of the Round Table.
- SRRT Secretary
- 1. Records the minutes of the meetings of Action Council and the General SRRT Membership Meeting and distributes the minutes as appropriate, including to the SRRT Newsletter editor.
- 2. Prepares and distributes all SRRT resolutions as directed in the resolution, including appropriate cover letters.
- 3. Maintains current files of SRRT minutes, resolutions, correspondence, and Task Force reports. Older material is forwarded to the ALA/SRRT Archives as appropriate.
- 4. Works as part of a team with the Coordinator of SRRT Action Council and the SRRT Treasurer to ensure the smooth operation of the Round Table.
- At-Large Member of Action Council
- 1. Participates in all Action Council meetings, notifying the Coordinator of necessary absences.
- 2. Attends SRRT General Membership Meetings.
- 3. Volunteers for other duties necessary to the operation of the Round Table and those which facilitate its role within ALA.
- SRRT Liaisons to Other Groups
- 1. Attends the meetings of the group to which they have been appointed. Advises Action Council of areas of potential coordination of efforts and of areas of potential disagreement.
- 2. Submits annual report for publication in the SRRT Newsletter.
- 3. Reports relevant SRRT news and activities to the other group.
- SRRT Exhibits Coordinator
- 1. Arranges through ALA Conference Services and OLOS for an SRRT presence in the ALA Exhibit Area during the ALA Annual Conference.
- 2. Arranges for the SRRT presence to be physically set-up and taken-down at the appropriate times. Schedules appropriate staffing from among the SRRT volunteers.
- SRRT Membership/Recruitment Chair
- 1. Reviews monthly membership reports. Welcomes new and reinstated members. Attempts to contact lapsed members for possible re-enlistment in the SRRT ranks.
- 2. Supplies annual report of membership levels for publication in the SRRT Newsletter.
- 3. Acts as the SRRT representative to the ALA Task Force on Membership Promotion.
- SRRT Newsletter Editor
- 1. Establishes with the approval of the SRRT Editorial Board and SRRT Action Council the editorial policy of the SRRT Newsletter.
- 2. Prepares the SRRT Newsletter. Handles solicitation of material, editing and input of material, and layout. Submits camera-ready copy to the ALA Publishing Office.
- Publishes the texts of all resolutions passed by SRRT Action Council. Publishes the text of any constitutional or by-law change to be submitted to the SRRT General Membership Meeting.
- May be assisted by a book review editor and an editorial board.
- Member, SRRT Editorial Board
- 1. Recommends the appointment of an editor to the SRRT Action Council.
- 2. Assists the editor in the establishment of editorial policy and in other matters determined by the editor.
- Task Force Coordinator
- 1. Chairs all business, membership, and program meetings of the Task Force.
- 2. Represents or sends a delegate to represent the Task Force on the SRRT Action Council. Submits proposed Task Force budget to the SRRT Treasurer.
- 3. Performs other duties as determined by the individual Task Force.